The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Armenia has launched “Armenian Literature in Translation” - a program for foreign Publishing Houses interested in translating and publishing Armenian literature.
The aim of the program is to ensure that the best of Armenian prose, poetry, drama, journalism and children’s literature is accessible and known beyond the borders of Armenia.
Any foreign publisher, that is a legal entity and has experience in working with foreign authors, is eligible to apply for this grant. The grant covers the translation expenses of chosen Armenian Literature.
The aim of the Grant Program is to provide financial support for publishing Armenian literature, thereby fostering the interest of foreign publishers towards Armenian literature and its translations in different languages.
The Selection Committee selects the works to be translated from among those presented and assigns a certain amount of funds to each one, according to its characteristics.
The Board meetings of the Selection Committee are held in May and October each year.
Applicants are informed of the results no later than the consequent month after the Board decision is made.
Upon completion of the publication, the Publisher obliges to contribute 20 copies of the published books to the Ministry of Culture of RA free of charge. The contribution should be made within a month of the publication date.
The publishers need to submit the application package for translation support, with the required documentation in pdf format to the following official e-mail address of the Grant Program: literaturearmenian@gmail. com.
Application packages must include:
• Application form for translation support (in order to get the application form please drop us an e-mail at: );
• The translator’s CV (highlighting experience in the translation field, mentioning the list of translations made);
• An excerpt of the translation of the chosen literature piece (2-5 pages);
• Copy of the contract or agreement entered into with the translator;
• Documentation certifying the transfer of copyright ownership to the publisher for the publication of the work mentioned in the application;
• Full data of the publication, with details on authors, titles, etc., in case of anthology;
• Detailed budget of the project. The cost items in the budget should be substantiated and should correspond to the average publishing market prices of the target country. The applications with overestimated budget costs are disqualified;
• Approval letter from the relevant organization on the co-funding (indicating amount and the category of costs) in case of co-funding;
• Letter of commitment to publish the work within the stated period of time – signed by ;
• Documentation certifying the legal status of the publisher;
• Copies of the publisher’s recent catalogues or electronic catalogues